Anti Bullying at Woodhouse West
We take bullying very seriously at Woodhouse West and endeavour to raise awareness in our school so that children are quick to recognise what bullying is, how it affects people and what they can do about it.
Activities have included:
- Anti-bullying posters made by the children.
- Online safety sessions about cyber bullying, how to recognise it and how to deal with it.
- Crucial crew sessions on how to deal with peer pressure and bullying.
- Assemblies where the theme is how school can tackle bullying.
- Stories and poems about anti-bullying.
- Anti-bullying charters for classrooms.
The Playground Leader scheme trains children to work in the playground encouraging children to join in with games and activities.
The ‘Buddy Stop’ also provides a safe place for children to go when they are feeling lonely or would like a friend to play with.
For more information, please view our Anti-Bullying Policy in the Policies section.