Characteristics of a Techie
- Competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
- The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity.
- An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
- The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
- The ability to collect, organise and manipulate data effectively.
Aspirations For The Future!
Pupils develop an understanding of how subjects and specific skills are linked to future jobs.
Here are some of the jobs you could aspire to do in the future as a Techie:
Head of Architecture
Building Society Manager
For more careers, please visit First Careers.
Our pupils should be able to organise their knowledge, skills and understanding around the following learning concepts:
- To code
- To connect
- To communicate
- To collect
These key concepts underpin learning in each milestone. This enables pupils to reinforce and build upon prior learning, make connections and develop subject specific language.
The vertical accumulation of knowledge and skills from Years 1 to 6 is mapped as follows in the booklet below: