Welcome to Woodhouse West School Council's homepage.
Please read on to hear about who we are and what we do.
Aims of the School Council:
- To give the pupils a 'voice' in our school.
- To encourage collaboration between pupils of different ages.
- To give our pupils the opportunity to work alongside other members of our school community (staff, governors, parents and visitors).
- To allow pupils to experience democracy at first hand and learn the importance of being active citizens.
Who are our councillors?
This year our councillors have been nominated by their class teachers and elected to their position by their fellow classmates and each class in Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 have a held a democratic election to select their class representative.
School council members 2021-2022
Year 2: Melissa and Charlie
Year 3: Millie and Callum
Year 4: Henry and Edward
Year 5: Charlotte and Charlie
Year 6: Ada, Aleesha and Jack
Our priorities this year:
- research local charities and choose one that we will support through fundraising
- develop the physical and mental health of children in school
- run a whole school campaign to develop a key area important to the children in school
- work towards making Woodhouse West a greener, more environmentally friendly school