Welcome to Woodhouse West School Council's homepage.
Please read on to hear about who we are and what we do.
Aims of the School Council:
- To give the pupils a 'voice' in our school.
- To encourage collaboration between pupils of different ages.
- To give our pupils the opportunity to work alongside other members of our school community (staff, governors, parents and visitors).
- To allow pupils to experience democracy at first hand and learn the importance of being active citizens.
Who are our councillors?
Our councillors have been elected to their position by their fellow classmates and each class in Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 have a held a democratic election to select their class representative.
Additional councillors have also been selected by Mrs Bailey to work as the staff for the School Council. These children have been selected due to their hard work and dedication to their role of school councillor the previous year. These children will be supporting the newest councillors in developing their skills and confidence throughout the year.
School council members 2019-2020
Y1- Isabelle & Jonny
Y2- Arya & Henry
Y3- Megan & Alexandros
Y4- Freya & Jake
Y5- Le'Arnie & Evan
Our priorities this year:
- To have recycling bins for single use plastics in the hall and in each class room
- To reduce the number of single use plastic water bottles being used with the aim of none in school by the end of the year
- Only use re-usable plastic cups at lunch time
- Create a calm corner during lunchtimes and play times
Highlighted in yellow achieved