- The confidence to speak with good intonation and pronunciation
- Fluency in reading
- Fluency in imagination in writing
- A strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken
- A passion for languages and a commitment to the subject.
- The ability to use language creatively and spontaneously.
- An independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources.
Pupils develop an understanding of how subjects and specific skills are linked to future jobs.
Here are some of the jobs you could aspire to do in the future as an Linguist:
Our pupils should be able to organise their knowledge, skills and understanding around the following key concepts:
- To read fluently
- To write imaginatively
- To speak confidently
- To understand the culture of the countries in which the language is spoken.
These key concepts underpin learning in each milestone. This enables pupils to reinforce and build upon prior learning, make connections and develop subject specific language in French. The use of the scheme Rigolo helps support teachers in delivering engaging, high quality French lessons.
The vertical accumulation of knowledge and skills from Years 1 to 6 is mapped as follows in the booklet below:
Modern Foreign Language Milestones